The Dalia Association would like to invite you to come to the event we are organizing “Give to the Balad-Social Change Auction”. The event will take place on Tuesday the 3rd of December, at the A.M Qattan Foundation, New Building in Al Tireh-Ramallah, from 5:30-7:30 pm. The Social Change Auction is Dalia’s effort to support local community solutions and initiatives in Palestine. The event is similar to an auction, except that selected initiatives do a pitch about their initiative and how it contributes to community development in Palestine, taking into consideration the environmental dimension as well as the social, cultural, and the local economy. In return, you are welcomed to support the initiatives by offering donations on spot (live crowdfunding).
How it is done:
- The leaders of the initiatives provide a presentation on how their project achieves community development in Palestine.
- Afterwards, they leave the room, so that the donation session begins.
- The attendees are all welcomed to donate to each initiative respectfully, depending on their desire and will. The minimum donation is 20 NIS. (The cost for a large cappuccino).
- After the donation session is over, the leaders of the initiatives are asked to come back, and the donation for each initiative is announced.
The selected initiatives:
- The Camp’s Cinema: The idea of the initiative is to screen movies within the Palestinian refugee camps in the central governorate of the Gaza Strip. The initiative will include cartoon films that contribute to increasing targeted children's knowledge of various topics and values such as human rights and promote the concepts of Al Ouneh (indigenous Palestinian aid system) and community participation.
- Nova -Telescope Making Initiative: Nova is a voluntary youth association whose mission is to spread astronomical knowledge throughout Palestine among schools, universities and society. The Society will manufacture several telescopes, the telescope being the most important tool in the field of astronomy to disseminate this astronomical knowledge in Palestine, especially with school students.
We hope you can join us this day, and let’s Give to the Balad and support community solutions!
Towards community giving,