Dalia Association was established in 2007 by members of the Palestinian community from the West Bank, including Jerusalem, Gaza Strip, inside the Green Line, and the Diaspora. We are diverse in terms of age, gender, religion and politics, yet we are united by our vision -- to realize our rights as Palestinians to control our resources and sustain our own development for generations to come. Our mission is to mobilize and properly utilize resources necessary to empower a vibrant, independent, and accountable civil society.
The Dalia Association is recruiting for one full-time Administrative Assistant. We are seeking an energetic, creative, diligent, detail-oriented addition to our team. Dalia is a Palestinian community foundation focused on strengthening community giving (community philanthropy) and promoting community-controlled development using local resources. While Dalia is a small organization, we provide unique experiences for our staff as we strive to mobilize local resources for community-controlled grant-making and community-controlled funds. In this way, we aim to shift away from politically tied aid that does not address the priorities of our community.
If you share our values and commitment and meet the qualifications of this job, apply by sending your CV and cover letter explaining why you want to serve at Dalia to [email protected] Please include ‘Administrative And Financial Assistant’ in the subject of the email. We apologize that we are not able to contact applicants who do not meet the qualifications.
Deadline for receiving applications: 07/12/2020
Description of the position
The position will support programs, finance, and management operations. The position requires high coordination and support. Hence tasks and responsibilities will include finance and accounting, administration, human resources, and IT related tasks.
Reporting to the Executive Director
Tasks and Responsibilities
Accounting (Cash Custodian)
- Custody of petty cash fund, and preparation of petty cash disbursements reports and replenishment requests.
- Develop annual inventory to identify, track, and account for all organization assets, including physical assets.
- Monitoring of implementation of grants and initiatives/projects with partners and stakeholders, as-well-as reviewing financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and reliable support documentation.
- Maintain community funds and pass-through grants per directions from ED
- Oversee administrative aspects of recruitment processes, contracting of personnel, and orientation of new staff; job descriptions.
- Oversee attendance sheets, manages leave, and submit HR reports.
- Oversee any HR insurance arrangements for Dalia’s employees.
- Ensure development and maintenance of annual organizational calendar.
- Support management in organizing and documenting management related to Dalia’s events and meetings (Board, GA, Dalia Team ..) and support staff in organizing Dalia’s workshops.
- Follow up on general administration issues with the Executive Director, and follow up on coordination with external parties such as (ministries, governmental bodies, partner organizations, and others).
- Managing Dalia official email, and ensure the relevant response to the emails from relevant staff, and keep records of which.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure all appropriate IT equipment and infrastructure is in place, well-maintained safeguarded, and properly functioning with minimal downtime, and that staff are properly trained on all IT-related systems, policies, and procedures
- Liaise with contractors to ensure the security of physical assets and information in line with organizational policies
- Update programs or Liaise with contractors to ensure relevant development of IT systems and programs to support Dalia’s and staff's efficient functioning and operation.
- Participate in relevant teams and committees set up by Dalia Association for the advancement of the work in this area, and provide logistical and coordination support for the organization’s meetings and activities.
- Develop and update organizational policies per directions from ED
- Maintain organizational files and legal registrations and GA/Board meeting minutes
- Maintain volunteer and staff files
- Any other tasks as directed by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business administration, Management, Public Administration, Operations, office management, HR or other relevant field is highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience of similar past experience;
- Strong ability to compose letters in Arabic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work well as a part of a highly diverse team;
- Strong computer skills Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, databases, internet and email applications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under pressure, on time, with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism in handling sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English and Arabic languages.