Dalia Association is recruiting! We are looking for competent professionals who have a heart and commitment to the Dalia philosophy of community philanthropy (al ouna), and community-controlled development using community mobilized resources.
Dalia Association is a community foundation that realizes our rights as Palestinians to control our resources for our own durable development. Our mission is to mobilize and properly utilize resources necessary to empower a vibrant, independent, and accountable civil society, through community-controlled grant-making. Our approach focuses on the ecological, local economy, social and cultural dimensions. We aim to strengthen community philanthropy in Palestine and the Diaspora because we believe that everyone in our community has something to give, by contributing our talents, resources, and energies for a thriving Palestine.
We are seeking to fill the Executive Director position.) The job description is attached, in both languages Arabic and English).
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Dalia Association. Under the leadership of the Board of Directors, and with the support of the staff, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and objectives, both programmatic and financial.
- A minimum of a Master's degree is required in administration, management, development, or social science, or other related fields
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a relevant position required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work well as a part of a highly diverse team;
- Excellent report writing skills and writing for various audiences
- Strong computer skills in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, databases, internet, and email applications
- Ability to work, under pressure, on time, with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism in handling sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Interest and commitment to Dalia’s philosophy and principles.
- Strong managerial and financial
In terms of leadership, the executive director will:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing organizational, programmatic, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, including measurable interim objectives, and carry out and monitor plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Implement the Association’s values and philosophy concerning non-partisanship, respect for community resources, and high standards of integrity internally and externally in all the Association’s work.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations in Belgium and the Palestinian Authority and maintain official records and documents.
- Sustain expert knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field of community philanthropy and represent the Association in professional events, networks, etc.
- Promote the Association’s accountability to the community, including by ensuring active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Lead the assessment, planning, and implementation of different interventions and projects to uphold Dalia’s mission and vision, and monitor the progress to ensure achieving planned accomplishments.
- Utilize the resources of the GA and volunteers in forming, leading, and developing TEAMS to work with Dalia on developing concepts, plans, and operationalizing of its concepts.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices with assistance from staff and the Board.
- Work with the staff and the board in preparing a budget and see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work, including fundraising from institutions, major donors, events, individuals, fees for service, endowment, etc.
- Jointly, with the officers of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for determining staffing needs and the recruitment, orientation, training, and evaluation of all personnel, including paid staff, consultants, and volunteers.
- Ensure that sound human resource practices are in place, including the development of job descriptions and contracts, provision of benefits and rights, and evaluation of performance.
- Direct and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate of respect, transparency, ethical practice, and teamwork that attracts, keeps, motivates, and develops a diverse staff of top-quality people.
- Ensure Overall compliance with organizational policies and procedures, donor requirements (including reporting deadlines), Palestinian law, Belgian law; Promote compliance with international best practices by providing clear guidance to all staff, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all applicable rules and regulations, and developing and monitoring systems to ensure all activities are implemented and documented in accordance with policies
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it, and work with the Board chair to mobilize the Board to fulfill its role as the governing and leadership body of the Association.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, achievements, and goals including ensuring high quality, transparent publications of the Association's activities and finances.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations locally, in the Diaspora, and internationally.
- Represent the Association’s philosophy to agencies, organizations, media, and the general public locally and internationally.
The Executive Director will complete other tasks as required to fulfill the Association’s needs.
How to Apply
Send updated CVs and include a cover letter explaining your specific interest in this position and the name, title, and contact information of three references. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject of the email. Email to [email protected] with your family name and job title that you are applying for in the subject line. The deadline for receipt of the application is June 10, 2021. We apologize that we are not able to contact applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications.