Terms of Reference (TOR)
Reviewing Dalia’s Safeguarding Policy
and Conducting Related Training
Date of issuance: August 10th, 2023
Closing date for questions: August 15th, 2023
Closing date for submission of proposals: August 20th 2023
Subject Reviewing Dalia’s current Safeguarding Policy and conduct related training for Dalia’s staff .
Contract duration: 10 working days (timeline is adjustable)
Contract anticipated start date: August 23rd 2023 (timeline is adjustable)
Dalia Association would like to invite you to submit a technical and financial proposal relating to Reviewing Dalia’s current Safeguarding Policy and conduct related training for Dalia’s staff
All correspondence should be sent to: [email protected]
Terms and conditions:
- Bidders must submit the proposals in 2 separate files one for the technical and the second for the financial offers.
- Successful bidders will be responsible for all logistics related to implementing this assignment, including facilitation of meetings and workshops, and arranging transportation and any other activities or requirements. All related costs should be included in the cost proposal.
- All questions related to this RFP must be submitted prior deadline for questions shown above, all questions must be submitted to [email protected] , the subject line should have “questions for “Safeguarding Policy” all answers for all questions will be shared with all Bidders. Questions received after the closing date of questions will not be answered.
- Proposals received after the exact time and date specified for receipts will be considered late and will not be accepted for evaluation.
- Proposals and prices must be valid for 90 days after the date of the deadline of submission.
- The duration of the assignment starts from the date of the contract’s signature. The number of working days suggested in the ToR is indicative, and the final number of working days will be determined with the consultant after having the initial meetings and the preparation of the final action plan.
- Dalia is not bound to accept any of the submitted proposals.
- Dalia reserves the right to accept a bidder’s proposal without further discussion.
- Dalia reserves the right to negotiate with the most competitive bidders and request the best and final offer before awarding a contract.
- Complete and separated technical and financial offers should be submitted no later than August, 20th, 2023 to: [email protected]
Reviewing Dalia’s Safeguarding Policy and Conducting Related Training
Dalia is seeking a consultant to review, update the current Safeguarding Policy and conduct training for Dalia’s staff
Dalia has an initial Safeguarding policy; Safeguarding is of paramount importance to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals associated with Dalia, including staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders. This review aims to assess the potential effectiveness, relevance, and implementation of the existing safeguarding policy and make recommendations for improvement and conduct the required capacity building intervention to train Dalia’s staff about Safeguarding policy
The purpose of this document is to outline the terms of reference for conducting a comprehensive review of the Dalia's safeguarding policy.
The main objectives of the review are as follows:
- Evaluate the current safeguarding policy's alignment with NGOs / INGOs best practices, legal requirements, and international standards.
- Assess the clarity, accessibility, and comprehensiveness of the policy in addressing various forms of abuse, harassment, exploitation, and discrimination.
- Examine the mechanisms in place for reporting, responding to, and addressing safeguarding concerns and incidents.
- Evaluate the training and awareness programs related to safeguarding provided to staff, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Analyze the monitoring and accountability systems for safeguarding implementation and effectiveness.
- Identify gaps and areas of improvement in the existing safeguarding policy and its operationalization.
The review will encompass the following aspects:
- Examination of the current safeguarding policy document, including its content, structure, and language.
- Assessment of safeguarding-related procedures, reporting mechanisms, and response protocols.
- Review of training materials, modules, and methods for educating staff and stakeholders about safeguarding.
- Evaluation of the reporting and documentation of safeguarding incidents, investigations, and outcomes.
- Analysis of Dalia’s culture and its alignment with safeguarding principles and practices.
- Consultation with relevant stakeholders, including staff, beneficiaries, volunteers, donors and external experts.
The review will employ a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods, including:
- Document analysis: Thorough examination of the current safeguarding policy, procedures, and related documents.
- Interviews: Conducting interviews with key personnel, staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries to gather insights and perspectives.
- Surveys/questionnaires: Administering surveys to assess the level of awareness, understanding, and satisfaction with the safeguarding policy and practices.
- Comparative analysis: Benchmarking Dalia’s safeguarding policy against NGOs / INGOs best practices and standards.
- Case studies: Analyzing select safeguarding incidents and their management to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Expert consultations: Engaging external experts in safeguarding and organizational development for input and recommendations.
Upon completion of the review, the following deliverables will be provided:
- Comprehensive report outlining the findings of the review, including strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and areas for improvement.
- Recommendations for updating and enhancing the safeguarding policy, procedures, training, reporting mechanisms, and accountability systems.
- Action plan for implementing the recommended changes, including timelines, responsible parties, and monitoring mechanisms
- Updated version of Dalia’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Conduction of related training that targets Dalia’s team
The review and capacity building is anticipated to be conducted over a period of 3 weeks commencing on the third week of Aug 2023 and concluding by mid of September, 2023 The exact timeline may be adjusted based on the complexity of the review process and availability of resources.
Regular progress updates will be provided to Dalia’s Director throughout the review process. The final report and recommendations will be presented to Dalia’s Director and Board of Directors for approval and subsequent implementation.
7- Confidentiality and Ethics:
All information gathered during the review will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Ethical considerations will be adhered to throughout the process, ensuring the well-being and dignity of all individuals involved.
- Proven experience in organizational development and safeguarding policies
- Proven experience in working NGO / INGOs
- Understanding of Dalia’s vision and approach
9- Application Procedure:
- Please send:
- A brief description of how you will apply previous experience and your expertise to this project
- A proposal for financial compensation
- Examples of previous work in the field
- Application deadline: Sunday August 20th, 2023
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a proposal to Procurement Officer [email protected] and copy [email protected] no later than August 20th ,2023.
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact by email: [email protected] or by mobile: +970 (59) 2205303