Fundraising and Communications Officer
Dalia Association was established in 2007 by members of the Palestinian community from the West Bank, including Jerusalem, Gaza Strip, inside the Green Line, and the Diaspora. We are diverse in terms of age, gender, religion, and politics, yet we are united by our vision -- to realize our rights as Palestinians to control our resources and sustain our own development for generations to come. Our mission is to mobilize and properly utilize resources necessary to empower a vibrant, independent, and accountable civil society.
Description of the position
Dalia Association is seeking a Fundraising and Communications Officer to lead proactively a range of fundraising and communications activities including building relationships with donors, maintaining donor data and communications, and organizing events. The Fundraising and Communications Officer shall lead the efforts in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organizational sustainability as well as maintain effective communication with the supporters of Dalia and be able to represent the association at the organizational and donor levels.
This position has strategic importance. s\he will be responsible for fundraising, writing proposals and finding new international donors, media and communications, developing and building creative tools for monitoring, evaluation, and communication that represent Dalia Association’s philosophy and impact on the Palestinian society. Excellent abilities and skills in fundraising, proposals writing, monitoring, evaluation, and reports writing. S\he should have the ability and desire to work in a team with their colleagues, and local partners. S\he should have the ability and skills to collect, analyze, provide other staff members with information necessary to apply for donors, newspapers, public relations, fundraising events, and other activities.
Regarding Fundraising and Communications:
- Fundraising and proposal writing, in addition to finding new international donors and partners for Dalia.
- Research, collate and analyze data that allows for identification of new fundraising income streams, and donor profiles, as-well-as improving fundraising performance.
- Under the direction of the executive director, write concept notes, project ideas, and project proposals and ensure their timely submission and further follow up.
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of Dalia, in addition to arranging for meetings and visits.
- Provide support for the development of communications material and ensure that communications information is up to date. And promote Dalia's work through press releases, media campaigns, and social media.
- Contacting donors and reporting to them (oral reports, written, and presented) about related projects and programs, in cooperation with programs officers in Dalia.
- Write and at times lead the creation of media products for stories, lessons learned, articles for the website or other media, press releases, newsletters, targeted updates for private sector partners and individual sustainers, public presentations, and other documents such as info graphic’s and posters.
- Writing news for the website, which includes collecting related and necessary information, in cooperation with Dalia’s team. In addition to contributing to the development of the website in cooperation with the IT expert, in addition, to getting the executive manager's approval.
- Contributing to the development of our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc) by providing needed and updated information and news.
- Representing Dalia’s memberships in various local and international networks, and providing them with updates about Dalia’s work on a constant basis as requested by the director.
- Providing our partners’ social media, web magazines, and news networks with Dalia’s news and information, in cooperation with the rest of the staff.
- Conducting field visits with all potential donors and partners for projects’ sites and activities, making photographs and collating case studies from the field that would be used within the fundraising and communications activities.
- Supporting the plans of our association and its programs, regarding its work aspects, in cooperation with the concerned staff.
- Updating the contacts database and preferences ensuring information current and Dalia’s communications are kept relevant.
- Organize and/or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events.
Regarding Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E):
- Participating in developing monitoring and evaluation plans for various projects and programs, to guarantee that accountability procedures are involved within the work environment.
- Developing measurement tools for satisfaction, results, and impact (including quantitative and qualitative indicators, tools, information-gathering system, various forms, tables, and analysis) in cooperation with the programs’ staff, society members, and other actors.
- Participating in evaluation field meetings results-documentation, develop necessary measurement tools and forms.
- Integrating dealing with results and come up with conclusions and lessons (learning mentality) with monitoring measures for all Dalia’s works at all levels, including the integration with other operations (governance, recruitment, evaluation, projects, etc.).
- Reporting to the work team and the direct manager (oral reports, written, and presented) about work results, achievements, and lessons learned, in order to guarantee a high level of monitoring & evaluation.
- Conducting periodic monitoring visits for projects’ sites, in order to collect qualitative information (through interviews, observation, etc) and also collecting quantitative information (through collecting statistics, and data, etc).
- BA degree in any field; MA degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
- A Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a fundraising and communications officer
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the NGO sector in Palestine and understanding of current donors, as-well-as in traditional NGO M&E including terminology and formats.
- Excellent fundraising and proposal writing skills and experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new community accountability systems, working in a participatory fashion with a diverse range of stakeholders, and the ability to integrate new accountability systems organizationally.
- Excellent report writing skills and writing for other audiences.
- Excellent analytical skills and written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, self-direction, teamwork – including in diverse settings such as villages, refugee camps, women’s committees, etc.
- Fluent Arabic and English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Willingness and ability to work all over the West Bank; access to Jerusalem (preferred but not required)
- Computer literacy and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with sound judgment, meet deadlines, manage multiple assignments, and solve problems.
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and video editing is preferable
- Interest in and commitment to Dalia’s philosophy
If you share our values and commitment, and meet the qualifications of this job, apply by sending your CV and cover letter explaining why you want to serve at Dalia to [email protected] Please include "Fundraising and Communications Officer’" in the subject of the email. We apologize that we are not able to contact applicants who do not meet the qualifications.
Deadline for receiving applications: 12/12/2020