9 September 2021
Dalia Association is a community foundation that realizes our rights as Palestinians to control our resources for our own durable development for generations to come. Our mission is to mobilize and properly utilize resources necessary to empower a vibrant, independent, and accountable civil society, through community-controlled grant-making. Our community development approach focuses on the ecological, local economy, social and cultural dimensions.
Dalia Association is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) consultant, as part of the "Giving for Change" project funded by the Dutch government, working part-time, with a total of three full workdays per week/8 hours per day, two of them per week based at the Dalia office in Ramallah, in the period between October and end of December 2021.
Duration of the service contract: 3 months, subject to extension.
Venue: Dalia Association / Ramallah
Deadline for submission of applications: Saturday, 18/09/2021, at midnight.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Review all project-related documents.
- Formulate the project's monitoring and evaluation plan based on its monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Develop/ use various tools (quantitative and qualitative) with a social impact lens, appropriate to measure the achievement through the project’s implementation.
- Continuous coordination with the field coordinators to ensure the effective implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system and procedures used in data collection and verification (qualitative and quantitative) and to conduct regular field follow-up visits in cooperation with the field team.
- Produce of interim and annual evaluations to measure the project’s progress, and provide recommendations for the development of the work, and the mechanisms used to implement its various activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of project progress reports and baseline reports according to the planned objectives.
- Contribute with ideas, tools, or activities within the framework of the project that would activate community mobilization, local resource mobilization, and sustain the work of the community initiatives, within the vision of Dalia Association which focuses on the four aspects that ensure achieving durable community development: the local economy, the environmental aspect, and the social aspect, and the cultural aspect.
- Organize and provide educational sessions, as needed, for the project team in relation to monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to the development of the Association's monitoring and evaluation procedures and methods based on its vision and strategy.
- Written M&E plan for Giving for Change project.
- Written M&E tools (quantitative and qualitative) with a social impact lens, to measure the achievements of the project objectives.
- Written interim and annual evaluations to measure the project’s progress.
- Six to eight M&E field visits to target communities in the project.
- Two written progress report and a baseline report with the support of project team.
- One to two learning sessions on M&E, for project team.
- Contribution to M&E plan for Dalia Association.
- Belief in the vision and mission of the Dalia Association, which is activating the role of community giving, mobilizing community resources, and the right of the Palestinian civil society to control its resources in order to achieve community development.
- Holding a bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least two years of experience in monitoring, follow-up, and evaluation in similar organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems in various areas of development, including different approaches and implementation mechanisms.
- Documented experience in monitoring project activities, collecting data, and analyzing them according to the organization's requirements and vision.
- Previous experience in producing reports and documents related to projects, in both Arabic and English languages.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and MS Office programs.
- Possess high communication skills, and the ability to work within a team.
Those interested in applying are kindly requested to send the following documents to:[email protected]:
- A cover letter explaining the reason for applying and the qualifications to undertake the task of a monitoring and evaluation consultant as listed above, in addition to a technical offer for the required tasks.
- A price offer for the consultancy.
The deadline for submitting the required documents is Saturday, September 18th, 2021, at 12 am.
For more information, please contact the e-mail: [email protected]