One of Dalia’s community-controlled grant making programs. The Village Decides (VD) involves communities across Palestine in decision-making processes, and urges them to use grants based on their own priorities. We facilitate the community to use and invest in local resources, thus achieving positive and long-lasting social change and durable development.
The Village Decides Program
- We start with trainings and workshops with the community to identify their priorities and needs and come up with solutions that benefit all the members of the community.
- The community comes up with solutions through initiatives that benefits the entire community. Then the community decides on which individuals or local community-based organizations (CBOs), or active volunteer groups receive the community-controlled grants through an open voting process.
- The leaders (grantees) then implement their initiatives under the supervision of a local monitoring and evaluation committee, selected by the community on the voting day.
- The initiatives should benefit the community, use local cash and non-cash resources, and consider the environmental and social context of the community. At least 25% of the resources should come from the community as a community contribution.
- All meetings are inclusive of all members of the community.
- Dalia supports and mentors the grantees in implementing their initiatives and linking them to relevant resources.
No activities at the moment