- Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, home/work address, and email address, as part of our mailing list.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when subscribing to our E-Bulletin or when applying to serve as a volunteer with us. The information you provide to us may include your name, organization, job title, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and other information relating to your organization and work.
- If you contact us to enquire about a grant, or for other general information requests, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you use our website, as is the case with most websites, certain limited information (such as your browser type and IP address) will be collected by us automatically. We also track which parts of our website you visit and whether you shared those links on further (either via social media or email), as well as the resources that you access.
- How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To understand which parts of our website, and by extension which pieces of our work, are most interesting and relevant to our audience.
- To ensure that website content is presented in the most effective and easily understandable way for your computer and for you.
- To provide you with information or resources that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Cookies and IP addresses
We collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type but nothing that identifies you as an individual. We do this in order to optimize your website viewing experience and make our site load faster. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns when using our site, and does not identify any individual.
- Where we store your personal data
If you sign-up to our email newsletter, we store the personal data that you supply us on a secure remote server.
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Palestine and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to Canada and process it there.
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a product or service you have requested, or on your behalf. Otherwise, the Dalia Association commits to never passing your information onto another organization or agency.
- Your right to refuse data collecting
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Additionally, you can also unsubscribe from receiving certain electronic messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in our communications.
- Links from our website
Our website contains links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Dalia Association does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. You can request this information at any point, free of charge using the contact details below.
- Complaints process
If you have a concern about how we have handled your personal information you may contact us using the details below and we will investigate your particular case.